Britannia Panopticon Music Hall is available for hire for private events, exhibitions, filming, shows and film screenings that are in keeping with the history of this rare and valuable little
As it is the oldest surviving in the world the auditorium is not suitable for the following: live rock and pop music shows, modern or political plays and club nights.
Please also note that currently bookings are subject to last minute cancellation due to ongoing conservation works and so to avoid disappointment we prefer not to take bookings more than six months in advance.
Our available opening hours are as follows:
10am - 8.30pm (extended opening times can be arranged)
- University, College and School visits - Free
- Film & Television - minimum £400
- Show & Private hires - minimum £200
Britannia Panopticon Music Hall Trust (and Friends of) is a charity established specifically to raise money and awareness to ensure the future of this valuable piece of entertainment
heritage and therefore the trust cannot afford to under-write the cost of electricity, lighting, insurance and staff for hires.
Please note that:
- We have an alcohol and entertainment license.
- There is currently no lift or disabled access.
- There is currently no heating.
- The fabric of the auditorium cannot in anyway be interfered with without prior consultation with Historic Scotland and Britannia Panopticon Music Hall Trust.
All hire enquiries must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the office on 0141 553 0840.